Last year, Vanberg & DeWulf, the beer import company founded by Don Feinberg and Wendy Littlefield, celebrated their 30th anniversary with a Coast to Coast Toast. It was such a great success, that they’re doing it again this year. C2CT2 — Coast to Coast Toast 2 — will take place this year on November 15, which in Belgium is “King’s Day,” a national holiday celebrating their monarchy. So it’s a great date to celebrate Belgian beer and Belgian culture.
Last year, about 350 establishments across the country participated in the Coast to Coast Toast to Belgian beer. This year, Wendy tells me it should be at least 400. If you want to see if there’s a C2CT2 event taking place near you, there’s a list you can download at their website. If you want to consider hosting a toast, you can sign up at Eventbrite.
Even if you can’t make it out — I’m staying in again and toasting with the missus, for example — toast them in the comfort of your home. It should be easy enough to find one of the great beers they import. Any beer from the following Belgian and European breweries will fit the bill.
- Castelain (also St. Amand)
- De Cam
- Dubuisson (Scaldis and Cuvee de Trolls)
- Dupont (also Moinette, Foret, Les Bons Voeux and others)
- Ölvisholt BrugghÚs, Iceland
- Slaghmuylder (Witkap Stimulo Singel Abbey Ale)
- V&D exclusive collaborations with De Troch (Lambrucha)
- V&D exclusive collaborations with Et Famille (Lambickx)
- V&D exclusive collaborations with Scheldebrouwerij (Hop Ruiter)
You can also find a list of all of their beers in their portfolio at their C2CT2 website.