For our 128th Session, our host will be Jack Perdue, who writes Deep Beer. For his topic, he’s chosen one that’s been bottled up for some time now, Bottle Shops: Good, Bad & The Ugly. So what does he mean? Well, he introduces his topic with this:
I find bottle shops interesting and would like to learn other perspectives on these places many of us purchase our favorite quaffs. We love our beer and have a variety of options in acquiring it. Some home brew, others like to visit their local pubs, beer tourism and beer destinations have become a trend, but the ever popular bottle shop is often the best and most reliable means for finding our next beer.
Of course, not all bottle shops are the same.
Jack then follows up with some ideas to consider, but reminding us these are just some suggestions, and, of course, you should feel free to choose your own, and let your imagination run wild:
- What defines a great bottle shop —selection, knowledgeable staff, location, prices, other factors
- Iconic bottle shops — Like to share your favorite shops, surprising stories of discovery
- Discovering great bottle shops — have successful methods for finding great bottle shops
- Being a great bottle shop — If you own or work in a shop, do you have tips for success or precautions against failure
- Hacking the bottle shop — secrets to getting what you want or How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Bottle shop travel preparation — do you have a reconnaissance plan when you travel for finding good beer away from home or other beer travel tips
- Other topics of bottle shop curiosity — you choose
So visit your neighborhood beer stores between now and Friday, October 7, 2017, and then report back about the good ones, the bad ones, and yes, even the ugly ones. Simply leave a comment to the original announcement and post the URL to your post there.