Earlier tonight, the 2013 Good Food Award winners were announced at a ceremony at the Grand Hall in the San Francisco Ferry Building. I had hoped to be there, but have been hunkering down trying to finish my book before SF Beer Week kicks off in a few weeks.
This is the third year for the Good Food Awards, where in addition to beer, they also judge Charcuterie, Cheese, Chocolate, Coffee, Pickles, Preserves and Spirits. The website also includes a ninth category, Confections, but for some reason they’re not listed among the winners. I judged the first year, and again this year. The awards are conducted by the Seedling Projects.
- Ballast Point Brewing Company, Winter San Salvador Black Lager, California
- Bear Republic Brewing Company, Tartare, California
- Deschutes Brewery, Obsidian Stout, Oregon
- Elm City Brewing Company, Monadnock Mountain Ale, New Hampshire
- Full Sail Brewing Co., Ltd6, Oregon
- Fullsteam Brewery, First Frost, North Carolina
- Hopworks Urban Brewery, HUB Organic Lager, Oregon
- Independence Brewing Co., Convict Hill Stout, Texas
- Jester King Craft Brewery, Boxer’s Revenge, Texas
- Lakefront Brewery, My Turn: Luther & Wisconsinite Summer Weiss, Wisconsin
- Mill Valley Beerworks, Four Brothers, California
- Pagosa Brewing Company, Chili Verde, Colorado
- Rolling Meadows Brewery, Abe’s Ale, Illinois
Congratulations to all the winners.