On September 2, bloggers from around the world will converge at HopHeadSaid to write about the fabulous world of beer art found on coasters, labels and caps. I am guessing that I am not so different from other beer enthusiasts – I like to collect beer labels, bottle caps and coasters. I think they are perfect souvenirs from beer travels or drinking sessions. Judging by the size of my collection you could say that I have had many enjoyable drinking sessions over the years!
Now it is time to dig through your stash and share your favorite label, coaster or cap art.
- Choose your favorite label, coaster or cap art.
- Scan, download or take a picture of your label, coaster or cap art.
- Write a paragraph that explains your affinity to your entry. Your explanation can be as shallow as or as deep as you want.
- If the brewery name or beer name is obscured be sure to label your entry to give credit where credit is due.
- Please limit your entries to commercial examples. Homebrew labels will be a topic for another session.
- Extra karma points will be awarded to those who write about two or more categories (label, coaster or cap art).
- Post your blog entry on or before Friday, September 2, 2001 and e-mail your link to curtis [at] hopheadsaid [dot] com.
- Alternate posting method: Post your picture and explanation on my HopHeadSaid Facebook page and I will copy your post to the “official” location.
- I will collect the entries throughout the day and post them on this page: The Session: Label, Coaster and Cap Art.
They say you can’t judge a book by its cover, but what about a beer by its label, crown or coaster? Let us know what you think for the next Session on Friday, September 2.