Today the the 16th annual Double IPA Festival was held at the Bistro in Hayward, California. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this year owing to my daughter having a vaulting competition today. But owner Vic Kralj was kind enough to send me a list of this year’s winners. The full list is below. Apparently in this year’s judging, it was very close, so they decided to announce 4th place for both double and triple IPA.
- 1st Place: Long Swim, Kern River Brewing
- 2nd Place: Hop Juju, Fathead’s
- 3rd Place: Hella Hoppy, Altamont Beer Works
- 4th Place: Knotty DIPA, Three Weavers Brewing
- 1st Place: Power Plant, El Segundo Brewing
- 2nd Place: Muriqui Imperial IPA, Monkey Paw Brewing
- 3rd Place: Hop Nookie, Kern River Brewing
- 4th Place: ZZ Hop, Auburn Alehouse
Congratulations to all the winners.
Steve Sartori from Altamont Beer Works with The Bistro’s Vic Kralj accepting his 2nd place for his Triple IPA last year, though they won again this year, a bronze for their double.