On Saturday the 19th annual Double IPA Festival was held at the Bistro in Hayward, California. I got there early for judging again this and was sequestered in the dark, dank basement out of the view of the beautiful Bay Area sun for most of the morning. We judged 66 Double and 34 Triple IPAs.
- 1st Place: Kern River Double Church
- 2nd Place: Urban Roots Bigger On the Inside
- 3rd Place: Beachwood BBQ & Brewery Greenshift
- 1st Place: Morgan Territory Menace to Sobriety
- 2nd Place: Faction Brewing / SARA Cuddle Tent
- 3rd Place: Kern River YUB Trippin’
Peoples Choice Awards
- People’s Choice Award — Double IPA: Cellarmaker Triple Mt. Nelson
- People’s Choice Award — Triple IPA: Russian River Pliny the Younger
Congratulations to all the winners.