Earlier today, the 21st annual Double IPA Festival was held at the Bistro in Hayward, California. I got there early for judging again this year, and instead of being sequestered in the dark, dank basement out of the view of the beautiful Bay Area sun — which is where we usually are — we were outside in what was a beautiful, sunny, albeit a little windy, day. We judged Double IPAs in two categories — West Coast and Hazy — for most of the morning and chose our favorite six in each category, which Vic will will hand pack into a “Double IPAs Finals Case” which can be ordered online for just under one-hundred dollars. But sales will end at midnight tonight, so if you want one, now’s the time.
West Coast Double IPAs
- 1st Place: Moksa Sticky Sips
- 2nd Place: Docent Rabbit Habit Double IPA
- 3rd Place: Moonraker Honorable Villain
Hazy Double IPAs
- 1st Place: Revision Distance Haze
- 2nd Place: North Park Beer Co. Clockwork Intelligence DDH Hazy DIPA
- 3rd Place: Humble Sea Wizard of Fog DDH Hop Fused DIPA
Congratulations to all of the winners.