Today was the 23rd annual IPA Festival and the 3rd annual Hazy IPA Festival at the Bistro, but that’s only because there wasn’t a festival last year. It was a lovely sunny day in Hayward, making it was perfect beer-judging weather now that we’re no longer in the basement. This year we judged in pairs, split into two groups of regular clear IPAs and hazy IPAs. The full list of winners is below.
- 1st Place: Altamont Maui Waui IPA
- 2nd Place: Slice Green Nugget
- 3rd Place: Sun River Clearview West Coast IPA
- 1st Place: Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing
- 2nd Place: Danville Hop Magee
- 3rd Place: Societe Bulbous Flowers Hazy IPA