My friend Jim Woods, who owns MateVeza, a beer made with Yerba Mate tea, is putting on what looks to be a very fun beer and food event. It’s set to take place on September 13 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 at the Bambuddha Lounge in San Francisco. Tickets are $35 in advance before September 1, $40 after that date, and $45 at the door. Proceeds from the beerunch will be donated to the Pachamama Alliance. The Beerunch menu will include:
- To start things off, a beermosa featuring North Coast Brewing Company’s Pranqster, a Belgian style golden ale, with freshly squeezed organic orange juice.
- Marin Bluebeery Ale paired with Blueberry Crumb Cake
- MateVeza Yerba Mate Ale paired with Huevos Rancheros
- Brother David’s Double Abbey Style Ale paired with Peppered Bacon
- Bittersweet Lenny’s Rye IPA paired with Grilled Rye with Gruyere Cheese
- Bison Chocolate Stout paired with Buttermilk German Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
- Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout paired with Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- And for a morning cap, Kona Brewing Company’s Pipeline Porter, brewed with freshly roasted 100% Kona Coffee
Sounds like a great menu, it should be a blast.