On Saturday the 18th annual Double IPA Festival was held at the Bistro in Hayward, California. I got there early for judging again this year, and was sequestered in the dark, dank basement out of the view of the beautiful Bay Area sun for most of the morning. We judged 63 Double IPAs and 36 Triple IPAs.
- 1st Place: All Hops on Deck, Moonraker Brewing
- 2nd Place: Greenshift, Beachwood BBQ & Brewery
- 3rd Place: Hop Salad, Triple Rock Brewery
Judging in the basement of the Bistro.
- 1st Place: Nod & Smile, Triple Rock Brewery
- 2nd Place: Compulsory, Iron Springs Pub & Brewery
- 3rd Place: Power Plant, El Segundo Brewing
Peoples Choice Awards
- People’s Choice Award — Double IPA: Oak and Rye, New Bohemia Brewing
- People’s Choice Award — Triple IPA: Scarcity, Altamont Beer Works
Congratulations to all the winners.