On Saturday the 18th annual Double IPA Festival was held at the Bistro in Hayward, California. I got there early for judging again this year, and was sequestered in the dark, dank basement out of the view of the beautiful Bay Area sun for most of the morning. We judged 63 Double IPAs and 36 Triple IPAs.
- 1st Place: All Hops on Deck, Moonraker Brewing
- 2nd Place: Greenshift, Beachwood BBQ & Brewery
- 3rd Place: Hop Salad, Triple Rock Brewery
Judging in the basement of the Bistro.
- 1st Place: Nod & Smile, Triple Rock Brewery
- 2nd Place: Compulsory, Iron Springs Pub & Brewery
- 3rd Place: Power Plant, El Segundo Brewing
It was a beautiful day at the Bistro for tasting 99 Double and Triple IPAs.
Peoples Choice Awards
- People’s Choice Award — Double IPA: Oak and Rye, New Bohemia Brewing
- People’s Choice Award — Triple IPA: Scarcity, Altamont Beer Works
Congratulations to all the winners.
Jeremy Marshall, from Lagunitas, and Terence Sullivan, from Sierra Nevada, with their wives, enjoying some camaraderie at the Double IPA Fest.
Mary McDonough says
SO very excited to see our favorite New Bohemia Brewing Company win the People’s Choice Award! Everything they do is first-class!!!