For our 110th Session, our host will be Sean Inman, who is on a Beer Search Party. For his topic, he’s chosen a tiny Twitterific topic, which he explains concisely, as befits the topic. Apparently Twitter is strongly considering lifting the 140-character maximum that has been its defining feature since it debuted in 2006, and replacing that with a limit of 10,000.
So, before the 140 letter limit is lost, how about us in the beer blogging realm take one last crack at “original” Twitter.
Some possible routes to take:
- write your own beer theory in multi-parts. Be it 1/15 or 1/20
- use Twitter for your own craft beer April Fool’s Day prank
- channel your inner web troll and go all negative on a topic
- debate or applaud the points made by Daniels in under 140 characters
- talk about brevity and how it affects writing about beer
You can do it on Twitter or on your own blog or both. Just no Instagram.
So this April Fool’s Day, say a lot with a little, or say a lot with a lot, just don’t stay silent. To participate in the April Session, leave the link to your post in a comment to the original announcement on or before Friday, April 1.