Earlier today, the 20th annual Double IPA Festival was held at the Bistro in Hayward, California. I got there early for judging again this year, and was sequestered in the dark, dank basement out of the view of the beautiful Bay Area sun for most of the morning. We judged over 100 Double and Triple IPAs for most of the morning.
- 1st Place: Kern River Double Church
- 2nd Place: Revision Double IPA
- 3rd Place: Riip Beer Co. Gimpier McGee
Peoples Choice Awards
- People’s Choice Award — Double IPA: Slice Doobie Snacks
- People’s Choice Award — Triple IPA: Slice Wombo
Congratulations to all the winners.